At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
- Tactical operations resource for clinical teams supporting the imaging strategy and imaging vendor selection.
- Interacts and liaises with imaging vendor project management teams and external imaging KOLs to enhance the value of the relationship and capabilities to BMS needs; ensuring BMS gets best-in class service from the imaging vendor/KOL on a global level.
- Interacts with imaging BMS protocol management teams; attends regular protocol related team meetings and responsible for communicating imaging timelines/needs
- Participates in protocol/imaging document development/review
- Provides operational guidance to clinical team and sites; clinical team training/education
- Drives RFP creation and review
- Ensures delivery of image data per pre-defined timelines and specifications
- Performs risk management and contributes to imaging issue resolution
- Supports due diligence efforts required to qualify imaging vendor, for participation in both novel and strategic BMS relationships requiring imaging capabilities.
- Partners with the key stakeholders to develop and align BMS imaging standards
- Ensures program level processes and plans are developed to secure consistency across studies within an imaging paradigm
- Establishes trust and builds successful relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Through the use of effective communication practices, clarifies expectations, seeks to understand the needs of others and proactively provides status updates keeping stakeholders informed and up to date
- Proactively seeks feedback from stakeholders on the performance of self and team, operational processes and ways to optimize relationships
- Uses effective negotiation skills, diplomacy and tact and leverages those competencies to ensure continuous progress with the imaging vendor thus moving issues to resolution
- Applies broad business knowledge to ensure that decisions are taken in full context of BMS and the imaging vendor perspectives; ensuring balance between needs of the broader relationship vs. those of an individual team or function
- Fosters teamwork between BMS functional areas and imaging vendor; creating a team environment based on mutual trust and respect
- Encourages teams to share knowledge, experiences, best practices, and information on an ongoing basis and actively captures that knowledge for re-use and continuous improvement
- Willingness to travel (5-10% of time) to build relationships and review onsite capabilities
Bachelors or Masters Degree within life sciences or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience of working directly at or with an Imaging Core Lab/CRO a plus
- Minimum of 6 years pharmaceutical or CRO project management experience (Phase I-III) with a minimum of 3 years in imaging operations (imaging core lab and/or Imaging CRO), preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing 3rd party vendor
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple protocols containing imaging simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems/data from a variety of sources, and through effective decision-making and planning, deliver superior business results
- Application of imaging within clinical trials across therapeutic areas
Competencies - knowledge, skills, abilities
- Knowledge of read criteria used in oncology clinical trials
- Knowledge of ICH GCP and applicable local regulations governing clinical research along with basic medical and research knowledge
- Experience with various imaging modalities incorporated and implemented in clinical trials for drug development
- Creative thinker with proven ability to work independently; effective problem solving skills; highly functional in collaborative environment; team player
- Excellent networking skills with proven track record working in ahighly matrixed environment, requiring sophisticated stakeholder and relationship management
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.