At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Job Title Project Manager BMS Capital Projects
Division Global Engineering & Facilities
Location New Brunswick, New Jersey
Job Function Global Capital Project Engineering
Direct Reports Yes
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong pharmaceutical project management skills and proven experience in having managed capital projects with emphasis on R&ED Laboratories and Chemical Development Projects.
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Process Safety Management (PSM), and Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR). Background in the use of the Stage Gate Process. Understanding of financial management as it relates to capital and expense spending and project cash flow forecasting. Understanding of regulatory, environmental, GMP and OSHA regulations.
- Familiar with the use of RPM (Project Capital System) and SRM (Purchase Order System). Pro-active in solving challenging project issues with the ability to develop creative solutions.
- Experience in total project delivery (from concept to validation and startup process). Leads the development of the capital project scope and objectives in support of the business strategy concerning clients and stakeholders.
- Exhibits project leadership and effective decision making throughout each project. Leads and promotes effective teamwork by engaging both Facilities as well as including key clients and stakeholders.
- Leads the scheduling, planning, control and effective coordination of all the parallel activities related to each project and maintains project schedule through minimal unanticipated schedule challenges.
- Possesses broad knowledge of the functional requirements of pharmaceutical facilities and engineering best practices, while ensuring that appropriate internal and external resources are incorporated into the project design and execution.
- Achieves a cost-effective, functional outcome with the use of design guidelines and standards, value engineering, life cycle costing and engineering best practices.
- Assures that the construction project and the finished facility are compliant with all applicable safety, regulatory, legal requirements.
- Achieves effective financial control through management of project scope, estimating, effective use of SAP, RPM, SRM, budget control tools, risk management, and project closeout.
- Achieves high customer satisfaction by delivering finished projects that are fully commissioned, qualified and ready for startup/occupancy and meets all requirements of stakeholders and stays within a predetermined schedule.
- Strong understanding of construction terminology and legal content of construction contracts and documents.
- Extremely proficient with closeout documentation standards.
Working Conditions:Physical / Mental Demands
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferred in Chemical or Mechanical). EIT/PE License a plus.
- 10-15 years' experience managing pharmaceutical projects, especially with API and/or Pilot Plant Facilities.
- Experience managing multiple complex EPCMV projects ($10,000,000 - $50,000,000+).
- Demonstrated success leading multi-disciplinary and multi-functional teams and demonstrated strength in stakeholder management.
- Extensive knowledge of working with the unionized workforce.
- Interpersonal / facilitation skills necessary to interface with and influence all levels of management.
- Experiences in technical transfer of technology and concepts.
- Demonstrated Project Management expertise for design, construction, qualification and start-up involving all areas of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Pilot Plants, and Research Facilities.
- Hands on experience in the negotiation and management of contracts and agreements with engineering contractors, vendors, regulatory and government agencies.
- Previous interactions with a variety of customers, such as manufacturing, Chem Development, and maintenance.
- Occasional stooping, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, reaching and/or light lifting may be required
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and move within workspace for extended periods
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in elevated areas.
- Minimal travel in North America and possibly abroad
- Environment may include working in office or in a laboratory / manufacturing area.
- Ability to work safely in an environment with hazardous, radioactive, and infectious materials and waste.
- Ability to work safely in an environment with exposure to high temperature / pressure steam, and other fluids, compressed gasses, odors, various noise levels, moving parts, vibration, wet / slippery areas and high voltage energy supplies
- Environment may include working at heights, in cold temperatures, and/or constricted spaces
- Ability to work safely when working alone or working with others.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.