At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Head of Global Product Supply Business Continuity Management creates both visions and strategy for ensuring continuity across the global Drug Development and Supply (GPS) business unit, a 8,000+ employees global organization which responsibilities span across the full product life-cycle from early development to late commercial phase . This role will lead the business unit in evolving the guiding principles and embedding capabilities across the critical GPS business functions. Strategies will need to ensure business continuity across both an internal and external manufacturing network. Protecting an integrated supply chain generating over $40B in annual revenue.
The ED, GPS Business Continuity will be the GPS business unit executive at the BMS Enteprise BCM PMO.
- Own the GPS Business Continuity program governance and program management providing the strategic oversight to the BCM leadership team to ensure Analysis, Development and Implementation of robust readiness
- Provide vision and oversight to implement global resiliency and recovery strategies for GPS functions with an emphasis on Commercial Manufacturing and Supply Chain
- Provide executive inputs on GPS global commercial inventory management processes
- Be the face and executive leader developing and implementing a multi-year business continuity road map endorse at BMS LT and BMS Board of Directors level
- Scan marketplace (both biotech and non-pharma) to continuously identify best-in-class business continuity and resiliency capabilities. Compliant with many global and national standards/regulations including ISO22301:2012/19, BS65000, NIST 800-160, NFPA1600, and others as appropriate
- Develop expertise on key continuity themes in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Facilities and across Development and manage the inter-dependencies with Quality, IT (Cyber security), Third Party Risk Mgmt.
- Drive standard work and simplification through holistic approach which minimize and proactivity manage against disruptions and improves speed of recovery
- Play a key integration role across GPS verticals and beyond to ensure coordination and delivery of GPS sustained continuity and resiliency
- Lead and develop the team responsible for the coordination routine updates to the detail information supporting the business continuity procedures for GPS.
- Interface with BMS enterprise partners to ensure GPS alignment with corporate BCM program. Interface with external patterns to benchmark GPS programs against the industry and share best practice.
- Lead and develop staff to achieve professional growth and attain established goals and a robust succession plan.
Ensure GPS takes necessary actions to prevent major business disruption occurrence. In addition to:
- Resume support for all GPS business functions and GPS processes within the agreed time-frame
- Control the impact of a major GPS supply or business disruptions to an agreed level
- Continue to fulfill regulatory requirements in case of a major GPS business disruptions
- Ensure confidence of commercial, BMS enterprise and BMS Board of Directors in GPS ability to handle disruptions
- Develop, maintain and consistently deploy and continually improve the GPS BCM management systems
- Teams responsibilities include risk management strategy development and implementation of:
- Contingency Planning
- Disaster Recovery - safeguard GPS manufacturing and supply chain processes by identifying potential risk areas and single points
- Change Management - Assessing the business continuity implications of proposed strategy, process and organizational changes, and coordinating any revisions to existing business continuity plans and procedures necessitated by such changes.
- Training and Awareness - responsible for managing oversight for all GPS BCM related training and awareness programs for GPS in alignment with BMS enterprise BCM PMO. Ensure all personnel with specific BCM
- responsibilities are adequately trained to fulfill their assigned responsibilities. Ensureing all employees maintain their familiarity with the relevant provisions of the Business Continuity Plans.
- BCM Governance - Executive charif of GPS BCM Steering Committee
Education: Masters' or advance degree Science or Engineering background; Masters or advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years of bio/ pharma experience, preferably internationally in a fast-paced, reputed, global company
- Certification: Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) - strong desire
- Must have execellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point
- Highly structured and organized, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Background in business continuity/risk management is an advantage.
- Operational Excellence green/ black belt certification (desired).
- Capability in business process development and management.
- Capability in effective risk mitigation.
- Experience with executive level interactions and influence (must have).
- Strategic thinking to analyze ambiguous situations and develop a vision/ direction.
- Ability to influence and work in matrix environment.
- Proven cultural sensitivity and an understanding of the global practices where business is conducted.
- Strong leadership capability to make and act on decisions while balancing speed, quality and risk.
- Advanced project management capabilities.
- Talent developer. Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.