At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Global Finance Services (GFS) leader responsible for the delivery of General Accounting Services (also known as Record to Report ) for America Region. Oversee a team of 10 and work directly with North Americas Controllers and LATAM Finance Directors and their teams, People Services Leadership; Director Corporate Financial Reporting; Executive Director Corporate Technical Accounting; Corporate Tax; Treasury; Accenture leadership. The position reports into the Vice President of Global Financial Services.
Detailed position responsibilities include:
- Develop and Lead a high performing multi-national teams to support the Accounting and reporting processes over Americas region.
- Be the prime contact for Corporate Financial Reporting and GFS and Controller's leadership to oversee month end, quarter end and year end close activities for North America, Canada and LATAM markets.
- Liaise with relevant Technical Accounting Network (TAN) representatives on accounting matters
- Liaise and ensure Accenture delivers the agreed service levels and key performance indicators
- Liaise with People Services and I2P leadership to ensure successful service delivery
- Maintain internal control environment to the highest standards of compliance and integrity
- Work collaboratively with BU controllers, Regional Finance leads, Finance Directors and their teams to ensure their needs are met consistent with BMS policies.
- Work collaboratively with GFS Global process owners to ensure that processes deployed fully support business requirements whilst remaining true to the standard BMS model.
- Provide leadership in driving a culture of innovation and continuous improvement for all Finance Services delivered from the NACC (North America Capability Centre).
- Focus on staff development to promote workforce productivity and customer centricity
- Aligns with cross-functional operational team, markets and GPO to develop and implement technologies for automation, improved customer service and for business process improvement projects.
- Serve as a contact person for external and internal auditors as related to GFS General Accounting matters
- Collaborate with Market finance teams, GPOs, BCF and GFS leadership to ensure successful integration of Heritage BMS and Celgene operations.
- An experienced leader with a bachelor's degree in accounting and a minimum of 15 years diversified experience in accounting or finance. Public accounting preferably with a big four firm or Internal Audit with large Corporation a plus. Strong knowledge of US GAAP. SAP and Financial Shared Service experience a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
- Good communication, presentation and ability to interact and influence with different partners (local or remote)
- Demonstrated knowledge of process and how to improve process
- Good understanding of the financial control environment
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a matrix organisation and achieve objectives through staff not in a direct reporting line
- Strong Communicator with a proven track record of successful collaboration across functional towers
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.