At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference. VAP & HEOR Lead (Value, Access, Pricing & Health Economics Outcomes Research)Major Duties & Responsibilities
Key Area of Responsibilities
- The VAP & HEOR Lead, Korea, is responsible for developing and executing innovative and robust reimbursement and pricing strategies that deliver optimal market access (time, volume, price, value) for a portfolio of innovative medicines of Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- The position reports to the General Manager of Korea, and is on the Korea Executive Committee. The position will lead the VAP & HEOR team with 3 direct reports.
- Research, develop and implement reimbursement and pricing strategies leading to optimal market access (timing, volume, price, value) for BMS's pipeline medicines & indications.
- Communicate and garner alignment on finalized market access strategies with internal stakeholders (local, regional and global), with strong ability to balance various inputs in analysis and decision making.
- Partner with local brand teams and other key internal stakeholders to ensure integration of market access strategies.
- Actively participate in market access environment shaping and advocacy initiatives by partnering with internal/external stakeholders.
- Conduct HEOR studies which are aligned with access objectives.
- Function and Team Leadership
- Contribute to the overall direction of the Company by being an active member of the country operating committee and a strategic partner to the General Manager.
- Develop a clear measurement framework for the Market Access activities
- Lead the Market Access team in Korea, proactively defining and developing capabilities needed to advance the work of the function, attracting top talent and creating an enriching and energizing work environment.
- Establish and manage annual budget in a cost-effective manner including partnerships with suppliers and vendors.
- Knowledge gained from a tertiary degree in Economics, Science or Pharmacy &/or a post-graduate degree in Health Economics or Business
- Excellent understanding of the Korean healthcare systems, process/ concepts and pricing dynamics for pharmaceutical medicines
- 10+ years' experience in drafting and managing PBAC &/or PBAC/MSAC co-dependent submissions.
- Previous experience in building HTA/ Market Access gap analysis and developing strategies to mitigate gaps and optimize market access (time, price, volume, value).
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of clinical, economic and mathematical approaches specific to reimbursement and pricing submissions (e.g. Biostatistical analysis, market modelling, regression analysis &/or risk analysis).
- Proven ability to understand, operate and communicate in technically complex therapeutic areas, with experience in oncology preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience through various formats (e.g. oral presentations, written proposals, reports &/or correspondences).
- Background in a rapid-response environment, managing competing demands within tight deadlines and ability to demonstrate resilience and agility to copy with ambiguity and change
- A strong operational focus, team-orientation and a collaboration spirit
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence others to take actions, especially those over which there is no formal authority
- Demonstrated track record of displaying core BMS values: Integrity, Innovation, Passion, Urgency, Accountability and Inclusion.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.