At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
In BMS Worldwide Medical, you will have the ability to affect the lives of patients by developing and ensuring the safe and appropriate use of our medicines. Worldwide Medical plays a unique role in unlocking the full potential of our scientific and medical innovation by bridging clinical development with clinical practice.In Immunology & Fibrosis, there are a number of late stage and peri-approval assets in the gastrointestinal (GI) medical space. We are looking for an experienced GI medical expert to provide expertise to this area and to lead a number of GI programs.
This new role will report to the VP of WW Medical I&F, will be a member of the WW I&F Medical Leadership Team and will lead the new WW Medical GI Network globally. Responsibilities
Within the specific therapeutic area of Gastroenterology:
- Establishes and builds the GI capability in WW Medical to ensure successful product launches and a positive benefit/risk profile for patients with GI disease
- Provides the scientific and medical input into the development of GI disease strategy, medical plans, and the medical input to development programs
- Leads all aspects of the WW Medical cendakemab program and development and execution of the cendakemab medical plan
- Provides expert GI strategic insights into peri-launch launch activities for the Zeposia and decravacitinib medical programs
- Leads the internal GI global network within BMS Medical
- Provides GI expertise to Senior Leadership and internal stakeholders
- Provides input into development strategy including the non-registrational data generation plan (Phase IV)
- Partners and collaborates with WW Commercial to integrate a medical perspective into the commercialization process for all GI programs
- Identifies and seeks input from thought leaders (TLs) on emerging science in drug and biomarker research, disease knowledge and design of clinical protocol and programs
- Specifically establishes and leads the BMS GI Council of external experts
- Develops Thought leader engagement plans
- Drives investigator sponsored research review
- Connects to thought leaders and external environment to identify and translate medical insights.
- Provides knowledge transfer from HQ to the regions/markets.
- Partners in the development of health outcomes and access strategy.
- Partners with the Publications/Content team to develop and review key content for congresses, manuscripts, FAQs and medical standard response letters
- Provides data dissemination via data rollout plans and training
- Provide medical review of asset content to align with overall strategy.
- Provide Medical input/perspective at key forums
- Builds an expert GI medical team.
- MD required; with 10+ years clinical and/or pharmaceutical medicine experience in Gastroenterology
- Relevant industry experience in Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Development related to IBD.
- Acknowledged and credible expert in GI Medicine able to be seen as a "peer" to external experts
- Experience working in a cross functional team including market-based medical colleagues and clinical, marketing, access and health outcomes.
- Leadership skills that enable both a direct leadership role (for cendakemab) and a matrix leadership role for other GI assets (e.g. Zeposia and cendakemab IBD)
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.