At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Director, IT Cell Therapy Manufacturing Site Lead position plays a critical role in managing all corporately supported infrastructure and software at the Devens, MA Cell Therapy manufacturing site. IT is committed to achieving excellence as measured (in part) by their effectiveness in supporting business functions and related business processes across the company. The role must excel at supporting the site's daily operations while also developing a strategic IT roadmap for the site.Requirements:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in a life sciences or engineering discipline or a minimum of 10 years of equivalent biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Greater than 10 years in multiple organizational contexts, including IT, CSV, linking technology to business needs in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in information technology, preferably within a pharmaceutical technical operations environment. Experience should range from manufacturing and quality control systems to GxP quality management systems.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills in building high performance teams.
- Excellent skills in change management, staff mentoring, performance evaluation, life-long learning, and diagnosis of sources of problems in both technology and business processes.
- Deep knowledge of regulatory requirements in the areas of current Good Manufacturing Process (cGMP).
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and the role technology plays in satisfying those requirements is essential to this position.
- Thorough understanding of best practices in SDLC and ITIL.
- Must be client service-driven with excellent relationship management and analytical skills.
- MES and LIMS experience.
- Lead a matrixed organization composed of both site direct reports and groups of indirect reports to deliver effective, innovative and stable solutions that meet the needs of the site.
- Active member of the Site Leadership team. Collaborate with site leadership to develop, support, and align strategies for business process improvements through information systems automation.
- Function as the liaison and the single point of contact between site leadership and corporate IT.
- Accountable for continuous operation and maintenance of ERP, MES, LIMS, local manufacturing, quality control and quality management site IT systems as well as associated site infrastructure.
- Lead Cell Therapy site service level management scope and process with IT groups and/or vendor managed services, i.e. Service Level Agreements (SLA's), Disaster Recovery/Service Continuity, etc.
- Provide IT leadership to site inspection readiness and data integrity initiatives.
- Participate in high-level strategic communications with the business and site leadership teams.
- Manage new demand from the various site functions (Manufacturing Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Science & Technology) through the IT stage gate process.
- Identify key technology trends and how new technologies might be leveraged to provide better solutions to the manufacturing site
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.