Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming patients' lives through science. At the core of that mission are the talented individuals who contribute their "unique" skillsets to help us drive innovation and deliver truly life-changing drugs for our patients. As we continue to pursue that mission, we're looking for talented professionals like you to join our team. What unique gene will you bring?
The Sourcing Analyst is part of a cross-functional sourcing execution responsible for supporting across functional areas on the development and execution of category strategies through sourcing outcomes. This individual is expected to build deep sourcing subject matter sourcing expertise and cross-functional / industry insights through various project rotations. It is key for this individual to be able to collaborate with various teams in a highly complex / fast-paced environment.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- End-to-End project management of the sourcing process
- Support book of work review meetings to gather potential projects
- Launch kick-off meetings to establish a sourcing event and conduct the event through to contracting and hand-off
- Support development of strategic category plans
- Provide internal and market analytics in support of strategic category plans
- Support and/or lead execution of procurement plans; role dependent on category/project complexity.
- Assist/lead identification & screening/selection of potential sources
- Assist/lead in determining appropriate method and employing leading practices
- Ensure excellence in delivery of procurement initiatives that maximize corporate, business, and functional priorities and objectives
- Lead preparation of competitive go-to-market events (solicitation of bids, quotations and proposals) with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions
- Prepare for and/or lead supplier negotiations depending on category complexity
- Evaluate offerings and recommend best offer for a product or service
- As part of implementation, review product availability and/or pricing information with suppliers
- Support design/development of procurement compliance programs that align to organizational objectives and business strategies
- Maintain agreement files as required
- Understand how to access and influence specifications as required for category
- Prepare periodic category performance reports for assigned categories
- Support budget management processes as required for categories
- Support risk management as required
- B.S./B.A. (Business, Science or Engineering is desirable)
- Minimum of 1-2 years' work experience Expertise in procurement processes, technology and systems (such as Ariba), supplier analysis and management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier diversity, strategic planning and integrated supply chain.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, ambiguous environment
- 1-2 years sourcing, contracting or relevant experience. (Preferred category experience includes: Clinical Research Services, Biologics Manufacturing, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients ('API'), Information Technology ('IT') or other science-based industries)
- Relevant industry certification is preferred, e.g. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.