At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Job Description
The People Services HR Advisor is a member of the Human Resources organization, and is the primary contact for employees and managers, after myBMS. The HR Advisor:
- Consults regarding the inquiry, works through options with the customer, and coaches through resolution;
- Uses discretion and sound judgement to determine the best method of resolution;
- Provides employees and managers with policy advice, guidance and support for workforce management, payroll, compensation transaction activities, and other HR processes; and
- Engages appropriate functional and / or technical specialists to drive resolution of customer needs not resolved at first contact.Detailed Position Responsibilities
- Where Direct Access was not sufficient, perform intake of HR inquiries via multiple channels including case systems, chat, email, and telephony. Use discretion and independent judgment to advise the customer and determine best method of resolution.
- Provide employees and managers with policy advice, i.e. leaves of absence, new ways of work etc. as well as options to address issue. Guide manager on process for application of policy.
- Support execution of employee movement, employee status, payroll, benefits/leaves, Performance Management, and compensation processes
- Guide employees and managers to available resources, eg toolkits or training materials developed by HR Expertise Teams, as appropriate
- Triage inquiry to ensure full understanding, and engage appropriate functional specialists to drive resolution of customer needs not resolved at first contact.
- Ensure accurate policy representation in interconnected systems/processes.
- Provides feedback to assist in developing client service improvement projects (e.g., knowledge base content updates, training/education of end users, improved Tier 1 communications, etc.).
- Demonstrate broad HR/Payroll knowledge, as pertains to the company, providing customers with relevant information, policy explanation and navigation support.
- Utilize knowledgebase and HR experience/ business understanding to interpret needs and resolve issues.
- Provide high touch customer service that meetsexpected service levels and business performance goals.
- Champion direct access processes by using change management skills to influence Managers and Employees.
- Support the integrity of employee records and Workday data, assuring legal and regulatory compliance.
- Prepare appropriate documentation to meet customer needs related to HR processes(include change job letters, employee contract documents, severance letters, etc.).
- Ensure proper documentation of inquiries, root cause, and resolutions.
- Liaise with third party vendors as applicable to resolve customer inquiries.
- Works collaboratively within a team to share ideas, ownership, and accountability for driving improvements and consistency of execution for key HR processes.
- Identify and report any call trends or product trends to the Team Lead or Supervisor.
- Provide feedback on customer issues and the knowledgebase so that management can address and improve the items.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen
- Requires a college degree
- Language requirements beyond English: Proficiency in either Spanish, French or Portugueseis desired.
- 2-5 years human resources operational experience
- General knowledge and understanding of HR policies, processes and Regional Employment Laws
- Have worked in a rapid, fast-moving environment which is both complex and changing.
- Practical operational experience of HR processes, e.g., hire, payroll, benefits, performance
- Have worked in a multi-cultural/multi-country work environment
- Ability to use business judgment when assessing requirements and performance, in order to identify the right solution to meet business needs previous experience working in a shared services environment preferred
- Prefer HR specialty certification to demonstrate theoretical understanding and application of HR practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with clients and the HR function to deliver business needs.
- Ability to accurately assess situations through customer interactions in order to coach, guide, or interpret the appropriate action or next steps
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Highly computer literate with knowledge of HR systems and processes
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.