Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results. Manager, Market Intelligence Description:
Market Intelligence team member that will conduct internal and external market intelligence research, analysis, and benchmarking across categories. Work with Category leaders to inform and drive optimal Category strategies. Promote awareness and understanding of external Procurement strategic innovation(s) to GP to inform strategic investments in the function. Be a leader and driver of providing insights to both GP Senior Leaders and Business Stakeholders.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Data Analysis
- Market Research
- Analyze forecasted data for the purposes of planning procurement, sourcing and supply strategies
- Provide forecasted data of future organization buying requirements to suppliers.
- Develop and maintain market awareness through merchandise shows, trade periodicals and other resources to secure new products and pricing information.
- Provide data on current and future market conditions to management, sales management and/or user departments.
- Prepare periodic reports of department activities.
- Take a leadership role in the department in helping development planning of the Global Procurement Market Intelligence team and mentoring of junior staff in the organization. This may include employees geographically separated from the Market Intelligence team.
- Ability to manage a large book of work across multiple individuals, teams, geographies. Must be able to bring organization and transparency to a fast-paced environment.
- Internal Business Partners
- External suppliers
- Bachelor's Degree (Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain or related business field).
- Minimum of 7 years of proficient experience in business with a minimum of 2-4 years Procurement or relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years of market research/data analysis, insight generation and reporting
- Prior management of small team required.
- Strong oral, written communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and manage internal stakeholders at all levels within a highly matrixed organization, working across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams.
- Ability to develop solutions that align tactical solutions with strategic goals.
- Ability to define the future state, as well as identifying the steps to get there
- Industry and commodity experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to employ analytical and conceptual thinking to solve complex problems and propose robust solutions to mitigate future problems and risk.
- Provide a proactive, creative and analytical approach to challenges.
- Demonstrated high degree of independence, requiring minimal supervision from senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to partner, manage and influence.
- Familiar with cross-functional problem solving based on trends and issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, inclusive of pivot tables. Additional proficiency in ______.
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Extensive industry and commodity experience
- Prior management of small team(s).
- Advanced industry research skills
- Management of small team
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.