Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Global Procurement is a corporate strategic sourcing group that serves BMS's global business units by identifying and executing sourcing strategies to meet their needs. Beginning with concise specifications and well-planned negotiations, Procurement strives to maximize contract value while maintaining strict quality standards. Procurement continuously works with strategic suppliers to develop and capture additional value within the supply chain through productivity initiatives and supplier collaboration.
The Associate Director of Functional Partnerships - Americas will have strategic procurement responsibility for Functional Service Providers (FSPs) supporting clinical trials.Responsibilities include:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Drive FSP category strategies in support of R&D business functions such as clinical and medical, including leading growth, de-risking and improvement of the FSP model.
- Strategic business partnering with R&D (Global Drug Development), along with Procurement colleagues in other categories and overseas, Legal, HR, Strategy and Planning, and Finance.
- The Associate Director will be integral to the success of the Development organization, from the ability to deliver necessary savings and to deliver the portfolio due to the high degree of variablization and reliance on the supply base.
- The position will drive regional category strategies and must navigate a complex internal stakeholder landscape, coordinating intricate issues across multiple functions, business units, human resources, legal, and finance.
- Maintain a leadership role to influence business strategies, leverage emerging trends, and identify opportunity areas that deliver sustainable value. Act as strategic enabler of change, introducing new ideas and innovative solutions.
- Leads, coaches and directs Sourcing professionals throughout the Strategic Category Management and sourcing processes as well as key processes/skills (e.g., spend management analysis, stakeholder management, etc.).
- Develop, maintain and implement a 3-5 year strategic plan and ensure all projects supporting the strategic plan deliver maximum value.
- Develop and maintain self-service tools to allow business units to purchase against preferred suppliers and rate cards.
- Subject matter expert for categories.
- Creates robust and appropriate Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) programs for the categories via category and supplier segmentation, metrics/KPI development and application, scorecards, contract management, etc. Facilitates continuous improvement and innovation that will enable R&D, category and functional leads to achieve strategic objectives.
- As an integral member of the Global Procurement organization, help to roll out key end-to-end enablement tools/systems, processes, and templates that will improve the buying channel experience.
- Share best practices with Global Procurement colleagues and continuously improve site strategy with feedback and discussion on best practices
- B.S./B.A.; M.S/M.B.A preferred
- Minimum 7 years of business experience, 5-7 years of multi-disciplined procurement experience and/or research (sourcing or otherwise).
- Experience with leading large, change management projects.
- Management experience preferred.
- Prior R&D experience in biopharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals, and/or medical device industry required.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Ariba system is preferred.
- Relevant industry certifications are preferred (CPM/CPSM/CSCP/CPIM).
- Possess exceptional communication and presentation skills, and be able to communicate to multiple levels within company, including demonstrated ability to influence decision-making.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work cross-functionally as critical member of site team and larger R&D Procurement team.
- Capability to lead projects/initiatives that have significant impact upon global and site business by achieving project milestones and objectives.
- Has the ability to manage business complexities and provide road map for sustainable solutions.
- Must have a strong business partnering orientation with excellent analytic, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have a proactive, creative and analytic approach to continuous improvement in delivering procurement services and identifying new opportunities.
- Demonstrates high degree of independence, requiring minimal supervision from senior management.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.