Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
TheStrategy Business & Operations Lead is accountable for the development and execution of major strategic programs within GPS. This role will work closely with stakeholders across the business to coordinate strategy and ensure value capture.This role will be expected to proactively engage cross-functional teams, within Procurement and the Global Product Supply organization, to ensure coordination in major initiatives. This role also will be responsible for driving consistent leading-edge methodologies and processes to enabling GPS teams to meet their value targets and ensure compliance. Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead and/or support major strategic programs within a multi-year plan including end-2-end process optimization, make/buy analysis and recommendations within a large group of spend categories and/or within a major business area
- Chief of Staff responsibilities to head of functional group
- Work closely with key stakeholders in business units and in corporate functions to coordinate cross-functional strategies and implementation plans
- Develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize BMS total cost of ownership for spend categories, and support an emerging future pipeline of Continuous Improvement deliverables
- Effectively manage teams through strategic planning and goal development in accordance with GP strategy
- Oversee the review and revision ofprocurement practices to ensure their compliance with established laws, policies, and procedures
- Providecoaching for the development of personneland lend expertise in development of strategies
- Support identification of GPS tools and processes to drive operational excellence:
- Ensure communication oftechnical needs for GPS with IT
- Collaboratewith the IT function to review and evaluate new technology to support the continued evolution of a best in class process
- Collaborate with centralized teams to develop best in class methodologies and coach GPS team members to ensure adoption
- All GP personnel
- Business unit specific leadership teams
- Supplier representatives
- Members of industry councils and organizations
- Minimum of 8-10 years of business experience
- Minimum of 6-8 years of multi-disciplined procurement experience or related category domain experience or relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years Pharmaceutical Procurement experience, or working directly with Pharmaceutical Procurement teams or relevant experience
- Experience leading and participating on cross-functional and/or global teams
- Managerial experience including managing teams of senior professional and managers and establishing performance expectations
- Internal stakeholder management, data/information management, category management, process redesign and continuous improvement expertise, project management and performance measurement skills
- Procurement process knowledge, contract management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier diversity, supplier management, technology utilization, strategic planning and integrated supply chain experience
- Professional certifications (e.g. CPM, CPIM).
- 4 years Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Membership in Professional Associations, e.g. ISM
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.