Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results. Responsibilities:
*2nd shift: Monday to Friday 2pm to 10pm Knowledge and Skill
- Provides direct oversight of the execution of manufacturing unit operations. These operations include but are not limited to the use of the following equipment and or systems: i.e., chromatography systems, media/buffer preparation equipment etc.), process automation systems (i.e. Delta V and Syncade Interactions, OSI/Pi Historian) and supporting business systems (i.e. SAP. Trackwise, Maximo etc.).
- Ensures team adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures.
- Ensures daily work coordination and distribution as demanded through the manufacturing schedule.
- Drives right first time (RFT) execution of manufacturing unit operations by providing direct training, guidance, and problem solving on the floor in real time.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of Standard Work in all functional areas.
- Takes an active role in selecting and developing the team. This includes leveraging both internal and external relationships to build the best team possible.
- Takes an active role in developing less experienced Staff.
- Is responsible for maintaining schedule adherence and cycle time. Reports variances and communicates impact to cross functional groups.
- Manage daily communication to shift personnel. Supports and drives shift huddles and functional team meetings. Provides shift handover and communication working with other shift team members.
- Ensures oversight for critical operations through systematic walk down and checks of equipment and functional areas prior to execution. Review critical attributes and drive decisions.
- Act as an area/system owner - a point of contact for all work to be carried out for the area over assigned shiftBuild partnership with Manufacturing Operational Engineer/Support to ensure daily data review and trends accomplished seemless operations. Provide critical communications upwards, downward and across as deemed fit
- Manage decisions- acquire feedback, input, and consult as required.
- Ensure shift notes communication is complete and accurate. Provide critical update summary to the staff for all safety incidents and significant process deviations. Manages performance. Provide coaching, mentoring and development of staff. Executes all phases of the performance review process with diligence and on time.
- Drives continuous improvements through staff engagement
- Demonstrates the ability to lead manufacturing operations teams to achieve objectives. Acts to promote a productive and cooperative climate. Helps to promote team effectiveness by engaging in a trusting, supportive partnership with others. Encourages or facilitates a beneficial resolution of purpose. Resolve conflicts in a constructive manner that allows win/win solution.
- Effectively controls expenses (OT, Supplies, T&E) within their influence.
- Owns and executes OpEx initiatives including 5S.
- Participates as a team member in investigations driving and executing appropriate CAPAs.
- Acts as the emergency lead for functional area while on shift.
- Provides direct audit support
- Acts as a consultant to project teams.
- Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in science, engineering, biochemistry or related discipline, or its equivalent is highly desired.
- Direct biologic manufacturing experience of 6+ years. Supervisory and or leadership experience which demonstrates proficiency in selection of team and effectively managing personnel issues is highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of SOPs and cGMPs and the know-how to work and manage within a regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing process with participation in pharmaceutical technology, technology transfer, process development, manufacturing support.
- Demonstrated aptitude for engineering principles and manufacturing automation systems.
- Adaptable to a fast paced, complex and ever changing business environment.
- Effective communication and technical writing skills with support groups in the coordinating system to obtain needed cooperation and support as required in a timely and effectively manner.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.