Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Associate Director, IT Business Partnering, US Oncology
The Associate Director, IT Business Partnering, US Oncology is accountable for the effective delivery of IT capabilities and services supporting the US business with specific focus on Oncology. This is a senior role partnering with Oncology Leadership Team to define and drive digital capabilities to meet their specific strategic needs. This position will accelerate the digitization of the Oncology business through technology innovation, ensure that their information capabilities and operations are reliable, accessible and secure, and enable them to become competitively differentiated in a rapidly-changing complex scientific landscape. Builds strong partnerships with the Oncology leadership teams in key markets to drive consistent adoption of digital capabilities and innovation opportunities. Provide domain leadership:
Provide strategic leadership:
- Owns the IT strategy: Drives the development of realistic and actionable multi-year strategic digital capability roadmaps, informed and prioritized by business and IT in an enterprise context. Prioritizes the portfolio appropriately and is accountable for the overall portfolio budget management.
- Develops compelling business cases: Leads the prioritization and development of strong and clear business cases for digital capability investments in support of the roadmap and aligned with the platform strategy. Defines, measures, & achieves business outcomes for highest value (at the lowest cost) digital capabilities.
- Brings an external view: Actively maintains awareness of external drivers in the business domain and relevant technology trends, and brings new ideas.
- Knows what value looks like: Understands where BMS should be competitively differentiated through technology, translates business needs into specific business requirements, sees realistic opportunities for IT to add more value, and balances this with a pragmatic understanding of "fitness for purpose".
Leverages the matrix to drive portfolio execution:
- Builds strong partnerships with senior leaders: Is viewed by senior business leaders as an effective partner who plans and delivers digital capabilities, safeguards their digital assets and supports their strategic goals.
- Recognized as a thought leader and trusted advisor: Influences the strategic thinking of senior business leaders, and helps business leaders to include future digital capabilities into their planning.
- Owns the relationship: Has effective working relationships with all relevant business leaders, is deeply involved with key business activities and forums, is responsible for building and managing effective business partnership at all levels during project execution, and takes full accountability for delivering the value proposition of IT.
- Drives change: Ensures effective planning, execution and communication of business change management to support digital capability investments, including business process changes to achieve maximum value from investments. Accountable for ensuring an effective change management plan is in place for their individual projects.
- Demonstrates Matrix leadership by ensuring that all IT functions are successful in their delivery of services to the US Oncology business.
- Empowers delivery teams: Understands IT business partner accountabilities throughout the portfolio lifecycle, and builds empowered and trusting partnerships with IT delivery team members at all levels.
- Constructively advocates for value: Ensures delivery teams understand how to make the right trade-offs between speed, quality and cost. Connects the business stakeholders with the broader IT services. Ensures value is being captured from the entire lifecycle of the investment (from launch through retirement).
- Shows good judgement in communication: Communicates successes and issues accurately, urgently, and to the right audience, and takes accountability for ensuring effective management of expectations with business leaders.
- Boldly acts with urgency: Shows courage, tenacity and respect to provoke uncomfortable conversations in order to remove roadblocks to value delivery.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Ability to lead thestrategic planning and implementation of digital capabilities for a commercial business unit (i.e. sales, marketing, access)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and partner with senior business leaders
- Strong experience with governance operations and demonstrated ability toevaluate the need to respond to the customer in a timely fashion withthe strategicinvestmentsbeing madeat the enterprise level
- Strong ability and comfort with matrix management in delivering digital capabilities
- Ability to managebusiness process analysis and improvement including benefit estimation and post implementation metrics
- Ability to scantechnical landscape for leading edge business solutions and creates business case for support and application, including level of effort/ cost required to implement solutions / services, and facilitating risk assessments
- Strong financial experience with budget management and business case development
- Multiple implementationsof complexdigital capabilities in pharmaceutical sales, marketing or access business units
- Bachelor's Degree and Yearsof Experience preferred (3-5years)
- Strong business knowledge with proven leadership abilitiesand excellent executive presence
- Possesses familiarity with and awareness of the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Capable of working cooperatively across boundaries and within a matrix to achieve results
- Ability to deliver complex systems to one or multiple geographies and business units.
- Experienced in information technology and management, project and portfolio assessment, planning, systems development and business case development
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills with key partners across the US market.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.