At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Tumor Microenvironment Thematic Research Center (TME TRC) is focused on developing therapeutic targets at the intersection of tumor, stromal and immune biology within the TME with the goal of enhancing responsiveness to checkpoint blockade and targeted therapies. Comprising of scientists across multiple disciplines we are responsible for the biology and translational science necessary to support drug development from target identification through to first in human studies.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual with expertise in management of oncology projects and assets, coordination of activities surrounding planning and execution of deliverables to ensure the efficient delivery of book of work for the Translational Development team at Bristol Myers Squibb in Redwood City, CA. This role will employ operational and logistical oncology-based strategies pertaining to project management to ensure projects adhere to timelines, quality, efficiency, and alignment with the budget to meet objectives.Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the operations and logistics of the Translational Development team, responsible for complex, high profile, early development portfolio of assets, with broad visibility both within BMS and the external scientific community, to align with deliverables and timelines
- Track objectives, request for projects, ordering of reagents and samples, deliverables and final data reports for each Translational Development group's projects team. and ensures delivery to appropriate collaboration team within expected timelines
- Work closely with the Head of Translational Development and the Directors within the team to provide cross-functional overview, execute processes to develop holistic plans, manage issues and risk mitigations for the portfolio of assets, & proactively identify and resolve and/or escalate study-related issues
- Create visibility and maintain transparency into deliverables and other collaborative activity that contributes to the overall Translational Development team's plan for the asset
- Establish meeting agendas to drive portfolio and documenting outcomes, decisions and key learnings to enhance collaboration and communication
- Responsible for the continuous evolution and measurement of processes and tools to drive efficiency and enhance business value
- Seek opportunities to leverage and extend processes and tools to drive improved engagement and project oversight
- Independently manage preparation and coordination of collaboration meetings/engagements as needed; facilitating cross-functional and cross-industry engagement
- Deliver business value and ensure effective use of resources (time, money, people) by driving prioritization activities and raising visibility of areas for opportunistic action
- Engage with Translational Development's Scientists and Project Managers and build strong relationships with peers and cross-functional partners outside of team as well as laboratory vendors
- Contribute to a positive and motivating work environment that encourages mutual respect, innovation and accountability at all levels
- Balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, team-based environment and work independently when needed, building structure from ambiguity and helping teams to develop priorities
- Shape strategic approaches to scientific delivery, utilizing sophisticated negotiation and scenario planning, design and lead complex projects comprised of virtual team members of diverse styles, driving to successful outcomes with and without direct management responsibilities
- Master's Degree with 5+ years of managing complex, high profile, early development portfolio of assets and programs in oncology
- Expertise in MS Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organization, attention to details and effective time management with an ability to adapt to changing priorities; excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Competent in application of standard business procedures drafting of standard operating procedures and laboratory guidelines
- Scientific background and knowledge of oncology is desirable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, team and matrixed--based environment
- Strong communicator experienced with influencing and interacting at all levels including with senior scientific, operational or external thought leaders to drive connectivity and efficiency of collaborative research
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.