At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The GPS (Global Product and Supply) Analytics and Data Science team, within Business Insights and Analytics, partners with the GPS organization to support data analytics for all key functions. GPS Analytics uses advanced analytics and data science to answer key business questions and drive prioritized business decisions.
The Manufacturing Operations organization at BMS supports drug product manufacturing from commercialization through end of lifecycle. Manufacturing Operations scope includes Plant Operations, Science & Technology (MS&T), Internal Manufacturing, External Manufacturing and Network Strategy and Business Operations.
The Manager, Manufacturing Operations Analytics and Data Science will partner with the Associate Director of Manufacturing Operations Analytics to answer key business questions within the Internal Manufacturing Operations space with an emphasis on Small Molecule Drug Substance, Drug Product and Packaging operations.
The Manager, Manufacturing Operations Analytics and Data Science will partner with the Associate Director of Manufacturing Operations Analytics to establish core capabilities within the team, namely:
Supporting Business Decisions
- Supporting Business Decisions - Work closely with business stakeholders within Manufacturing Operations to proactively identify and address priority business questions.
- Driving Analytics and Capabilities - Answer key business questions using innovative analytic and data science techniques, assist with establishing core analytical and data science capabilities, standards, processes and methodologies for the team.
- Driving Team Productivity and Operational Excellence - Play a critical role in managing team productivity, timeliness and quality of deliverables. Ensure consistent adoption of standards, processes and methodologies by contracted or other team staff. Continuously seek opportunities and approaches for enhancing the team's overall productivity.
Driving Analytics and Capabilities
- Identifies and contextualizes critical business issues, working to embed an objective and unbiased point of view into the business conversation.
- Drives the application of fact based decision making for key questions within the Manufacturing portfolio.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of Manufacturing, and plant operations business priorities, meeting agreed upon analytics deliverables/timing.
Driving Team Productivity and Operational Excellence
- Designs, develops and implements a broad array of business analytics that solve complex problems in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner.
- Identifies new opportunities to further leverage analytics, data and analytical tools.
- Ensures best practice adoption within stated areas of responsibility, applying appropriate levels of technical capability, standardization and subject matter expertise.
- Proactively manages planned and ad hoc analytics requests.
- Provides input/feedback and works actively to improve and enhance capabilities related to the GPS BIA team
- Supports culture of analytics and fact-based decision making through the utilization of standard methodologies and approaches.
- Supervises and collaborates closely with external analytics contractors and vendors.
- Conducts detailed team walkthroughs and peer review of team's work to ensure quality, cross-training and knowledge management within the team.
- Ensures consistent adoption of standards, processes and methodologies by contracted or other team staff.
- Authors detailed documentation that describes analytics tool development, assumptions and input data and any specialized data treatments. Authors user manual for dissemination within Manufacturing Operations user base.
- BA/BS required (quantitative area of study or engineering) or MSci, MEng or other Masters in quantitative area of study, analytics or data science preferred
- Min 5 years hands-on working in the area of data science, data analytics, data integration, reporting.
- Min 5 years of hands-on experience with analytics, modeling platforms, data manipulation software, and visualization tools (e.g. Advanced SQL, PL/SQL, R, Python, SAP HANA, Spotfire, Tableau, Microsoft Suite, Hadoop, Redshift).
- Experience working in the manufacturing space. Experience working in a GMP arena is a plus.
- Experience interpreting analytical results and ascertaining implications to the business.
- Experience interacting with business stakeholders understanding, anticipating, and fulfilling their insight/analytical information requirements.
- Experience managing a team of contracted resources.
- Ability to work with diverse teams across organizational lines and structures.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong analytical skills with substantial knowledge of data analysis & data engineering.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly gain and apply quality specific knowledge.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Proven ability to lead small teams/groups and manage a heavy workload.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.