At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This position is in the People Services Global Talent Mobility & Immigration Service Line team and has responsibility for supporting the execution, administration and communications of the Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) global Talent Mobility and Immigration programs. This includes, but is not limited to supporting Talent Mobility and OUS Domestic mobility services case loads, assessing BMS employee immigration needs, coordinating applications for work authorizations, renewals and de-registrations through partnerships within the organization and third-party vendors.
The candidate will have a background of providing Immigration and Mobility services and support in a corporate environment, be able to communicate with all levels within the organization and work in a Global environment.
- Assess BMS talent immigration needs through partnerships with HR business partners, Talent Acquisition and business leaders, partner with them to obtain necessary information and initiate immigration requests to third party immigration provider in line with Immigration process relating but not limited to:
- Obtaining work authorization
- CoordinateCertificates ofCoverage andA1's
- Ensure immigration matters are in compliance with BMS policy and local legislation requirements
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and processes related to global Immigration/mobility; and effectively adhere to and communicate these to stakeholders
- Assign and track external BMS legal counsel services and service levels, and assist with validation of vendor invoices to assure accurate and timely payment processing
- Manage requests and escalated issues related to global Mobility & Immigration practices and procedures, managing Vitalize cases
- Develop and deliver training to mobility partners and stakeholders
- Run & analyze reports & propose improvements
- Collaborate within the Global Talent Mobility & Immigration Services team to ensure alignment between the TMS and Immigration Services policies and processes and cross region TMS and Immigration cases
- Provide back up support for the TMS team as needed
Additional responsibilities as assigned;
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 3-5 years' experience providing immigration services in Global Mobility, Legal or Corporate environment with strong focus on US immigration policies and practices related to applications and maintenance of visas and work authorization
- High sense of urgency, ability to respond quickly to customer and legal counsel (external/internal) inquiries and adapts easily to a fast-moving business environment
- Ability to balance the needs of the business and the assignees with legal requirements; capable of exercising independent judgement and discretion utilizing company policies and principles yet knowing when to escalate
- Strong consultative and customer services skills, using excellent communication skills while demonstrating an enterprise mindset
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders at all levels in the organization in a highly matrixed organization and experience building and maintaining successful networks and relationships with key leaders across a functional area to ensure HR Services objectives are supported and successfully delivered
- Strong process orientation with technical and analytical skills to provide effective Immigration solutions
- The ability to work independently yet collaboratively across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams to align with organization objectives with a strong track record in establishing and driving operational excellence and ensuring appropriate steps to effect change
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Experience working with current BMS HR enabling systems: Workday, ServiceNow (case management) and other applications such as Visio
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.