At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The West Regional Director (RD) is responsible for managing a team of Regional Medical Liaisons (RMLs) trained in the area of Gastroenterology . The RD oversees the regional team to ensure disease and product related medical needs in the region are being identified. The RD provides oversight of the RML's primary responsibilities which include establishing frequent and timely interactions with Thought Leaders (TLs) and other Health Care Providers (HCPs) aligned with medical strategies to discuss safe and appropriate use of approved products. RDs are responsible for ensuring the RMLs respond to unsolicited questions on current medical and scientific issues, healthcare advances, treatment trends and health outcomes measures appropriately and as per company guidance.
***Position is field based; RD will be required to live in the territory (Western US) or within 50 miles of the border. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in Field Medical Leadership meetings.
- Communicates clear direction to team, enables execution of Medical strategies, objectives and field activities.
- Translates Field Medical objectives into individual performance objectives for region and RMLs; monitors performance against expectations.
- Develops effective working relationships with Medical, Marketing and Sales and directs RML activities appropriately within legal and compliance policies.
- Provides support to commercial matrix team as aligned with medical plan objectives and promotes effective working relationships across functions.
- Provides input into RML resource needs and strategic feedback to other functions.
- Maintains contact with regional HCP experts to gather insights on treatments and disease area and supports RMLs in identifying and developing strong networks with external experts.
- Provides training and direction for planning and conducting scientific interactions aligned with the safe and appropriate use of BMS medicines.
- Ensures RMLs engage in timely and informative interactions with HCPs and internal partners accurately reflecting scientific data.
- Ensures RMLs communicate medical information in an accurate, fair balanced and objective manner.
- Actively manages RML performance assessments; provides and documents on-going coaching and feedback; assists with creation and execution of RML development plans.
- Ensures new RMLs attend new hire and therapeutic training and RMLs participate in opportunities for professional development.
- Demonstrates and promotes BMS Values, builds team spirit.
- Understands and complies with all Compliance procedure documents, Code of Conduct, PhRMA Code, GCP and relevant FDA laws and regulations; verifies training and aligns RMLs with all requirements.
- Ensures RML understanding of Adverse Events identification and reporting process.
- Position is field based; RD will be required to live in the territory which they manage or within 50 miles of the border.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of Gastroenterology disease area knowledge, including key scientific publications.
- Clinical experience in immunology or with a broad medical background
- Minimum of 5-7 years working in a clinical or pharmaceutical environment (excludes post doc education).
- Leading and working in cross functional teams and initiatives; proven track record managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Coaching and mentoring within a geographically disbursed field medical organization.
- Working in a highly matrix environment, ability to navigate and lead in an ambiguous environment.
- Leading and executing autonomously
- Understanding of clinical research principles
- Understanding of the US Healthcare system, the pharmaceutical industry and clinical and health economic practices in the US.
- Ability to work independently
- Travel required, including frequent travel to PPK home office
- Strong communication skills, ability to effectively communicate in spoken and written word.
- Terminal doctoral degree, MD, PharmD, or PhD strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years field medical experience
- Experience leading field medical teams
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.