At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Position will report into the GPS - Global Engineering and Facilities Department directly. The roles is responsible for leading Facilities Services at the three west coast research centers in Seattle, San Diego and San Francisco. This includes providing technical support (e.g. facilities operations, IFM vendor management, etc) across a total of 9 separate research & development sites in three separate regions. The role will require frequent travel and alignment with the broader Global Facilities Operations organization.Strategic development of West Coast Sites
General and Leadership
- Supports senior leadership for the development of the strategy and the future footprint requirements for R&ED, GDD, PD, GPDO and GPS in Seattle, San Diego and the San Francisco area including Redwood City.
- Ensure the relation and a good communication with the local authorities. Insure also a good integration locally in order to contribute of a positive image of the company.
- Lead the transition for all hCelgene sites from a self-performed service delivery model to the BMS Preferred IFM Service Delivery Model.
- Leads with a global mindset supporting both GPS and non-GPS organizations at the 9 West Coast sites.
- Leads and serves as the role model for an organizational culture that embraces respect and collaboration, passion and engagement, trust, integrity and accountability, innovation and growth, quality, productivity and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for developing the appropriate KPIs and executive dashboard in alignment with goals, objectives and strategy.
- Advocates for discipline excellence by partnering closely with internal and external stakeholders to improve customer service and develop and capture industry-competitive best practices.
- Influence enterprise-wide business decisions through the on-going leadership of the Capital review process. Willing and able to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Collaborate with the Global Capital Project Engineering team to ensure successful implementation of strategic capital investments at the West Coast Sites.
- Own the Capital Plan for the West Coast Sites aligning with key stakeholders and R&ED, GDD, PD, GPDO or GPS strategic direction.
- Ensure the implementation of global engineering process standards and project documentation.
- Provide leadership to the project team to anticipate and identify complex projects issues which pose a challenge to achieving goals.
- Drive complex communications that are efficient, effective and timely. Ensure that all customers are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities and their status.
General services for the department in day to day activities:
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including, maintenance, cleaning, grounds, security, often through the IFM model.
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Assist with space planning by allocating and managing space between buildings.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Support businesses to relocate to new offices and to make decisions about leasing.
- Support campus security organization.
- Manage the Capital portfolio for enterprise wide investments at the 9 West Coast facilities
- Manage team responsible to provide daily facilities operations and support of facilities in the 9 West Coast sites
- Manage the supplier contract, budget, employee and contractor relations, likely via IFM model (Reception, Cafeteria, coffee corners on site, Fitness, Shuttle, etc)
- Line Managers shall maintain a safe and healthy work environment for their staff in areas under their control and shall ensure compliance with relevant rules and legislation in those areas.
- Work with EHS to evaluate hazards and perform risk analysis.
- Ensure that staff (including short duration and temporary contracts) are properly informed on hazards and trained to act in consequence.
- Promote safe practices and behaviors, verify EHS rules are implemented and respected.
- Report immediately all incidents and near-misses to EHS, participate in investigations and identify preventive measures to prevent similar accidents in the future.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
- 15+ years related experience in pharmaceutical engineering and/or facilities 10 years managerial experience.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.